Friday, June 18, 2010

Hate filled youth: My thoughts on the current state of Bmx Blogging.



"Let's get POSITIVE kiddies"


I have given a great deal of thought to the subject of Bmx Blogging and I must say, this is one of the only off-putting topics of discussion that I feel is in any way related to Bmx.

Bmx, aside from blogging and general shit talking is to me, a pure and virtuous pass time, hobby, craft, art form, etc...

That being said, I am ultimately disappointed by the seemingly endless desire for participating parties in various Bmx blogs, forums, and chat rooms, to trash on anything or anyone who the blogger does not like. Did'nt anyone teach these kids that mutual respect for other people is cool?

So why is it that the majority of what I read on Bmx blogs is hate speach?

These posts are saddening to me. The sole purpose of riding Bmx is fun. So where did we go wrong as a culture?

Did something change in our hearts, when we were given a voice?

Why not be positive always?

Why not appreciate the vast possibillities of life on a Bmx bike?

Why not have respect for other people?

-Erik E

2 comments:

  1. Dude, ErikE, this is ronw. from 2hip writing tosay FUKYEA, you're spot on— good to read... Let's talk shit on the shit talkers... It is SAD, but like i do w/my feelings about the MANY shit things in the BMX industry+press+'trends', just go RIDE.

    ReplyDelete