Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Reed Stark Interview




Tazz Hernandez March 8 at 12:56pm
What's your full name, age and where do you live?


How long have you been riding?


Sponsors?



Tazz Hernandez March 8 at 12:56pm
i'll meet up for sure man... when is it again?



Reed Stark March 8 at 12:59pm
its all next week. im flying in friday.

My name is Reed Plummer Stark, 17 years old and I live in Maplewood Minnesota which is a suburb of Minneapolis/St. Paul



Tazz Hernandez March 8 at 1:00pm
word... i'll meet up.



Reed Stark March 8 at 1:00pm
sponsors are Sunday bikes flow, Sun Ringle flow, Team Dilly and Underline Clothing.



Reed Stark March 8 at 1:01pm
dope!



Tazz Hernandez March 8 at 1:02pm
How long have you been riding?



Reed Stark March 8 at 1:03pm
Ever since I was 9, so 8 years.



Tazz Hernandez March 8 at 1:09pm
How has your style Changed from then and now?



Reed Stark March 8 at 1:17pm
I always used to run two pegs with brakes and ride skateparks all day. I got bored of the same skateparks and started riding more street. I broke my brake cable at some point and thought I'd try brakeless. I thought it was fun to try and manage my speed without the aid of brakes. Also you never had to worry about your brakes being shitty if your wheel moved, which is sweet. I started riding four pegs because I got bored and thought it would be fun to learn tricks opposite. Now I still ride parks and trails every once in a while, but I mostly ride street.



Tazz Hernandez March 8 at 2:29pm
Who got you into riding? What was the first crew you rolled around with and who do you roll around with now?



Reed Stark March 8 at 7:42pm
My brother and I used to rollerblade when we were really young. He quit that, started riding, and around a year later I got a bike also. The first crew I rode with was my brother Kyle and our neighbor Kevin Delaney. We built a quarterpipe in my front yard and we always rode it after school. Nowadays I ride mostly with Kyle, Matt Thompson, Seth Peterson and Cody Smiglewski.



Tazz Hernandez March 8 at 10:36pm
What kind of car are you rollin' in?



Reed Stark March 8 at 10:37pm
honda crv!



Tazz Hernandez March 8 at 10:37pm
What else are you into besides BMX?



Reed Stark March 8 at 10:42pm
I bowl, party, golf, and play basketball and baseball. For money I umpire little league baseball games which fucking rules!



Tazz Hernandez March 8 at 10:51pm
Do you smoke weed?



Reed Stark March 8 at 10:52pm
I tried it once, I felt funny.



Tazz Hernandez March 8 at 10:53pm
I know you travel a little bit, but how much do you travel?



Reed Stark March 8 at 11:03pm
I generally take one trip a year to somewhere far away and a few little weekend road trips to border states. I really enjoy seeing new places and riding new spots. It always keeps life interesting.



Tazz Hernandez March 8 at 11:04pm
What are some of your favorite tricks to do?



Reed Stark March 8 at 11:07pm
flip double whips, quadruple tailwhips, 1080's and barspins.



Tazz Hernandez March 8 at 11:07pm
Have you invented any tricks?



Reed Stark March 8 at 11:10pm
I think I might be one of the only people to ever do a 360 half barspin to fakie on a bank. hahaha



Tazz Hernandez March 8 at 11:11pm
HAHA! I've never seen that before. What PSI do you run in your tires?



Reed Stark March 8 at 11:13pm
Strictly 69 PSI. It's a smooth ride for sure.



Tazz Hernandez March 8 at 11:15pm
Send me some photos.



Reed Stark March 8 at 11:17pm












Tazz Hernandez March 8 at 11:20pm
Where's one place you'd like to go ride that you haven't ridden yet?... and you know that you'll go there for sure.



Reed Stark March 8 at 11:21pm




Reed Stark March 8 at 11:23pm
the first 3 are by Ben Austin. I dont know who took the crooked photo. Sorry for the lack of street photos, I usually just film shit! haha



Reed Stark March 8 at 11:25pm
I've always wanted to ride New York City, but never have. I'm pretty sure I'll make it there eventually.



Tazz Hernandez March 8 at 11:28pm
When are you coming to Texas again?



Reed Stark March 8 at 11:32pm
Friday!



Tazz Hernandez March 8 at 11:33pm
My nigga. Will you be signing autographs anywhere?



Reed Stark March 8 at 11:35pm
If by signing autographs you mean drawing dicks on people passed out, then yes. I'll be signing those autographs pretty much everywhere.



Tazz Hernandez March 8 at 11:36pm
How many stairs can you 360?



Reed Stark March 8 at 11:38pm
Well how big are the stairs?



Tazz Hernandez March 8 at 11:39pm
Normal stair size...



Reed Stark March 8 at 11:41pm
I guess I've never really maxed it out. Maybe 20? I feel like my legs would blow out if it was bigger than that.



Reed Stark March 8 at 11:41pm
That's what she said.



Tazz Hernandez March 8 at 11:42pm
Do you holler at bitches?



Reed Stark March 8 at 11:45pm
Soooooo many bitches.



Tazz Hernandez March 8 at 11:48pm
Got any set plans for your life?



Reed Stark March 8 at 11:49pm
My set plan for my life is to not have a set plan in my life.



Reed Stark March 8 at 11:50pm
*goin to bed, continue answering tomorrow!*



Tazz Hernandez March 8 at 11:51pm
Okay. Goodnight cutie.



Reed Stark March 9 at 8:10pm
ready to rock



Tazz Hernandez March 9 at 11:06pm
If you could go anywhere with 5 people, where would you go and who would you take?



Reed Stark March 10 at 1:07pm
I would probably bring Kyle Stark, Seth Peterson, Riley McMaster, Ryan Guggenberger, and Florian Stecker. We would take a road trip from Minnesota to New York to party with the BMXFU guys, cruise down the coast to Texas to chill with the SOLIDSTEEL guys, drive from there all the way up to Vancouver to drop off Riley, and then make it back home to Minnesota. That trip would be the jam!



Tazz Hernandez March 11 at 12:06pm
Make it happen. Any Stark video parts coming out any time soon?



Reed Stark March 11 at 5:28pm
Kyle has recently been just making web videos, but he plans on putting out Team Dilly's third full length dvd "Team Dilly is the Man" haha. I've been filming a bunch for that and also I'll probably have a few clips or a split section in the double disc dvd package including "Fully Cocked" by Clint Zabodyn and "Rock Hard" by Chris Kowaleski. Shit should be good!



Tazz Hernandez March 11 at 5:29pm
Give us some websites to check out. Youtubes, vimeos... anything.



Reed Stark March 11 at 5:44pm
websites:
www.sundaybikes.com
www.teamdilly.blogspot.com

video links:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2rz7G66Geg
http://www.sundaybikes.com/v3/2009/10/19/reed-stark-edit/#top
http://espn.go.com/action/bmx/blog?post=4298145



Tazz Hernandez March 11 at 5:45pm
Got any more pictures to send?



Reed Stark March 11 at 6:01pm
hahahhaha












Reed Stark March 11 at 6:07pm
cal burgstahler



Tazz Hernandez March 11 at 6:51pm
Holy shit that's me. How often do you get to ride your bike?



Reed Stark March 12 at 1:28am
ahha yep! During the summer i can ride every day,



Reed Stark March 12 at 1:28am
during winter I usually ride once or twice a week at indoor parks. Snow is a serious bummer.



Tazz Hernandez March 12 at 5:21pm
How do you like your local indoor parks?



Reed Stark March 13 at 6:39pm
I usually go to 3rd lair. It's a pretty fun park but the owner and a lot of the people who work there are fucking douche bags. I wish I could support a different skatepark, but there aren't too many around.



Tazz Hernandez March 13 at 7:53pm
Move to Texas.



Reed Stark March 14 at 11:18pm
haha fuckin right! gonna check out UT pretty soon and see how that is. might go there.



Tazz Hernandez March 15 at 12:18am
Hell yeah. Do you want to end this thing or keep going?



Reed Stark March 20 at 4:09pm
haha its up to you man. where were you in austin!?



Tazz Hernandez March 20 at 4:09pm
Not in Austin. No ride.



Reed Stark March 20 at 4:18pm
ahhh weak. austin is allllllright.



Tazz Hernandez March 20 at 4:29pm
Tulsa is sooo much better.



Reed Stark March 20 at 4:59pm
haha yeah seems deece. party with miles



Tazz Hernandez March 20 at 5:06pm
I haven't seen him in a while. Are you out of Texas now?



Reed Stark March 20 at 7:17pm
yeah i flew back to the north today



Tazz Hernandez March 20 at 7:35pm
Do you miss Texas yet?



Reed Stark March 21 at 3:09pm
honestly, yeah. Already planning my next trip back haha



Tazz Hernandez March 21 at 4:56pm
Everyone does. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment