Sunday, February 14, 2010

Quick Stephen Bruner Interview




what's your full name and age?
Stephen James Bruner II 24 years old.

where were you born?
Dallas, Texas Baylor Medical Center

where do you live?
Richardson, Texas

how long have you been in the bmx game?
Who really knows. Earliest memories are at O.B. trails back in 6th or 7th grade maybe. So... 11 years?



got any gaps you know you're going to do, but haven't?
I have a long list of gaps I have seen but never been able to ride. Slowly but surely they're getting checked off, not to see the light of day until 2012.

what's your bike setup right now? will you ever change it?
4 pegs and brakes. The only way to ride a bike for me. I can do any trick I want without having to fake it. If I want to ride brakeless I just don't touch my brake lever. After being brakeless for 2 years I dont want to get rid of brakes ever. It just limits me. Besides, I got tired of not being able to do gaps because I was brakeless.

who influences your riding?
My negativity influences my riding. I always watch videos and critique things. When I ride I try and do stuff I'm happy with. G-Crew influences me too. They turned a ramp kid into a street guy. A lot of the contest guys from the late 90's also. Just the no worries attitude of crashing to learn something. Voelker, Miron, Homan, McCoy, Hoffman, Escamilla, Nastazio. The 90's trail scene. Base Brooklyn Neighborhood Superheroes taught me how to ride street.

how is it living with quentin?
t's not bad. It's kind of like living with another me in a way. We both just work chill and play video games. Laid back and just do shit when the time comes.



will you ever leave texas?
When I graduate college I have always promised myself that I will relocate to anywhere if it is a job I want for the rest of my life. Other than that... no.

tell us about the new video you're working on...
G-Crew and Texas Underground have a ton of footage. A trip to New York and about 5 years worth of random footage. Some good, some bad, some dated, some current, some before it's time. It's a huge project and with school this semester I really have no timeline for when it will be done. Hopefully in time for George's street contest so we can just have a huge premiere with everyone being able to see it. Filming has already begun on the 10 year G-Crew anniversary set for 2012 also.

favorite band at the moment?
My 11,000 iTunes playlist on shuffle is my favorite band.

one place you want to go ride?
Rays Ramp Ranch. Takes me back to my trails days. I just want to flow something endlessly. For city though, I see stuff in the UK that would make me randy.

other hobbies...
Photography, video games, level design, 3d model texturing, video editing, annoying friends... scoping out the blu ray deals every friday at Fry's.

who do you think is up and coming?
No telling. BMX is so fucked upside down nowadays. It's not really about how good you are, it's about who you know. I mean in a way I guess it's always been that way... but the way kids just jack a dudes swagger nowadays. Tuck no handers on street and luc-e's are ruining BMX right now. I don't give a fuck how many stairs you can tuck. Suicide it or don't do it at all. I don't do bus drivers and half ass it. Why do you tuck and half ass it?

thanks...
You're welcome. I wish the interview was longer. I'm pretty fucking bored right now.

2 comments:

  1. I love how blunt you are man! LOL...come ride Denton soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete